Booking and Payments
- The main booking person must be 18+ Years old, No bookings allowed in the name of a minor.
- Guests must make sure about all their belongings before disembarkation as further claims will not be entertained.
- Self-cooking is prohibited and therefore guests will have no access to Kitchen. To fulfil the requirement to cook additional food of guest choice will carry extra cost and service charges which should be settled directly to the boat crew before disembarkation.
- Unruly behaviour and mannerisms from guests will not be tolerated and the matter will be reported to the concerned authorities immediately.
- Any damage caused to the houseboat due to the carelessness of the guests, their children, or wards must be compensated by the guests themselves to the houseboat owner before disembarkation.
- As a safety measure, guests must strictly adhere to the instructions of crew members while check-in, check-out, cruising, anchoring, and docking of the boat.
- Any unspecified, unanticipated direct or indirect expenses, whatever that may incur other than mentioned, must be settled by guests directly before disembarkation.
- Booking offices/agents/tour operators have to explain and make aware the customer in advance about houseboat overnight stay terms and conditions while accepting or conforming to the reservations to avoid all sorts of miscommunication thereafter.
- We are only providing an online platform for booking houseboats and at no time do we act as managers for your respective responsibilities and personal obligations. We are therefore not responsible for your acts, misdemeanour, or omissions and neither are we responsible for managing any of your personal affairs; for example, we are not responsible for ensuring the safety of your personal belongings, travel documents, etc. at any time
before the commencement of the cruise or after it or during the cruise.
- No responsibility will be taken by Alleppey Houseboat Club regarding the standard for any service and all bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions of these service providers
- We do not take any responsibility for any loss, injury or damage to person or anything due to any incidents beyond our control.
- We do not have any insurance policy and it is the traveler’s responsibility to make sure you have enough insurance coverage. All luggage & personal property/s are at the guests risk at all times.
- Exactness Not Guaranteed-We cannot and do not guarantee the exactness of any service that may be provided to you by houseboat operator. For instance, photographs of the interiors of the houseboat rooms posted on our website have been sourced from the respective Houseboat owners/management, the visual appeal of a room selected by you cannot and is not guaranteed by us. Similarly, while we assure you of enjoyable holidays, we cannot and do not guarantee or represent that such backwater tour will be as per your mental perception, imagination or thought about such tours.
- Houseboat bookings are accepted by the operators. We will be accepting the quotes after checking with them. In case the operator accepts any other bookings through different source and if you have done the payment, we will refund the amount you have paid.
- Covid Update: Regarding Covid-19 Protocol, Every guest should submit Covid Vaccination Certificate or a Valid RTPCR Test report [ Taken At Least 72hrs before check in] on boarding time
- All Domestic/International guests are requested to register Kerala Govt. Covid19 Jagratha Portal before your arrival to Kerala [ Registration Link: https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/shortVisit
During Stay in Houseboat
- For houseboat bookings for 21hrs, check-in time is 12 Noon, and check-out time is 9 AM. Any delay in check-in will not be compensated for check-out time. All food at the houseboat will be on a fixed menu, inclusive of all applicable taxes. A/C will be working only between 9 PM to 6 AM unless mentioned. The houseboat will be anchored from 05.00 PM to 6 AM due to the government ban on using the boat during this time.
- If the AC breaks down due to an unexpected technical snag, stay in the same boat continues on non-AC terms and the client is eligible for reimbursement of a maximum of Rs 1000.
- Children’s responsibilities and safety are wholly vested in their parents while their stay on the houseboat.
- As part of the safety measures, guests are not permitted to remain or sleep outside the rooms after 10:00 PM
- At night time the houseboat staff will be in the houseboat [Front Area/Upper Deck Area] for the safety of the guest and the houseboat
- Cruise Hours: Morning8 AM to 9 AM [thereafter check out] and 12 Noon to 05.00 PM, provided 1 hour to serve lunch. Only day cruises are fixed and it is subjected to weather conditions.
- Soft drinks and meek beverages will be served as the guest pays additional costs as per tariff on the spot. Alcohol is allowed only for 21 + years aged people.
After Stay in Houseboat
- All disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of Cochin courts only.
General technical and Non-technical issues, refunds and booking cancellation
- In case your booked boat has any technical failure, then we will allocate the same quality alternate boat on time, but downgrade if happened then based on that category, the charge will be applicable. But Upper Deck and non-upper Deck boat will not consider as downgrades, so no refund is allowed.
Below 0-5 Years(Kids):
For Single child below 6 year old, complimentary stay & food with parents. Only one child will be permitted per room.
Above 6-11 Years(Child):
For child above 6 year old and below 12-year-old, an additional extra charge(Rs 500-Rs 1500) is applicable and this child has to share bed space with parents.
Above 12 Years(Adult):
Child above 12 years old will be strictly on extra person norms. Extra person with extra mattress & food cost Rs. 750-2000 depending upon the houseboat.